Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just a Matter of Finding the Proper Motivation!


You see it in action movies all the time, but you never really think of it as a real life sort of thing... but what would you do if the one(s) you loved most were taken from you? Would you take on the world to get them back?

It's hard to image because it's so far fetched but I think most of us have seen enough movies to be able to at least come up with some sort of scenario in our heads and answer the question... what would I do?

Recently I wasn't put into as drastic a situation as all of that but I was forced to make a pretty big decision based on what was best for my son. He is Autistic and the best school we could find for him was pretty far and we quickly discovered that everything was out of our price range to accomplish.

I won't say I gained super powers and materialized money where there wasn't any but I did find the desire, the need to do what ever it took to make that money come to me.

We are now doing alright, quite the opposite of living like kings, but we're doing rather well considering we were quite incapable of any of this a year ago. The reason for it is that it had to be done. There was no question of if... because it was no longer about me. It was about someone so close to me that I had to do what ever I could and more.

Sometimes it's a kick in the pants like that which finally helps us to realize our true potential, to make us open our eyes to what we're truly capable of if we have reason enough. The tricky part is holding on to that... to carry it with you after you've accomplished what you had to and feel good about what you've done.

If you don't carry on with that you can lose it very quickly and very easily. And I think we'd all agree, we'd rather not be in the position to need to take on the world for the sake of a loved one all the time.

So do it for yourself first and there's a good chance you won't be put in that position in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment